Saturday, July 07, 2007

Democratic Craftsmanship

Many nights I pray to our Lord asking when He is finally going release the great plague that will destroy all liberals. While He often tells me to do certain tasks for Him, He never answers this question. I believe this is my test of faith.

I've got into some discussions with liberals lately that have left me very angry. I'm sure most of you will find these talking points familiar:

Has Osama bin Laden been captured?
Has New Orleans been rebuilt?
Has Iraq been stabilized?
Has Afghanistan been stabilized?
Has No-Child-Left-Behind been fully funded?

These are trick questions only a PR person in the Democratic Party could think of. Of course the answer to all these questions is no and somehow Democrats think this makes us Republicans look bad. WRONG!

Case in point: Democratic Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi made a campaign promise before the 2006 elections to eliminate gifts from lobbyists, enact a PAYGO policy, implement 9/11 Commission recommendations, increase minimum wage, issue grants for stem cell research, allow the federal government to negotiate pricing with drug companies for Medicare, cut interest rates on student loans, and end subsidies for oil companies. She promised to do all this in the first 100 hours a Democratic controlled Congress took office. Of course, being a liberal, she broke that promise and did all those things in eighty six hours. Not the 100 hours she promised.

Many people want to focus on her breaking her campaign promise, but that's not what I'm getting at. She passed a plethora of legislation very quickly. Rushing through legislation like that always results in an inferior product.

That's the difference between Republicans and Democrats. Republicans take the time to do things right!

Another example: In 1993, the World Trade Center was bombed. What did Bill Clinton do? He had some of the perpetrators convicted and sentenced by 1994! Ten people were convicted and sentenced all within a few years of the attack!

September 11th might not have occurred if Bill Clinton hadn't of done such a rush job of fighting terrorism!

I mean I could go on and on about Clinton's hurried actions: balancing the budget, paying off our national debt, reforming welfare, Pell Grants, decreasing crime, decreasing unemployment, decreasing poverty… on and on. All this so unbelievably fast that it can't be anything less than shoddy work.

Not President Bush. President Bush is going to take his time to make sure Osama bin Laden is captured right! To make sure of this He even pulled troops out of Toro Bora when we could have easily of captured bin Laden. Quality is never easy and fast and President Bush knows this.

And you can bet President Bush isn't going to do a rush job in Iraq. It's going to take decades to do a quality job in that place. This president is going to make sure we do it.

But, our president's commitment to quality doesn't end with his own policies. To make sure that we have a quality justice system he sometimes pardons people that have been sentenced too quickly. This man cares about quality.

So, the next time someone asks you whether President Bush has done anything useful in office, you proudly answer: No! Quality is job #1!

15 Comments:

At 7/08/2007 1:47 PM, Blogger Kirk said...

Priscilla: While I can see the humor of the Democrats buffoonery in Congress, this is a serious matter and probably shouldn't be laughed at.

 
At 7/09/2007 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a well written post, sir. Now I fully understand your point of view.

Aren't these liberals and their talking points just a hoot? I remind them that their priorities are not in order. We have more important matters at hand -- like social security, building a fence across the entire southern border and lowering taxes for the wealthy. Then and only then can we finish all these other small projects.

If you must know, right now I am wearing a bathrobe and slippers, while my hair is in curlers beneath a plastic bag. The dirty pillows are in their cases.

Thank you for setting me straight, sir.

 
At 7/09/2007 9:15 PM, Blogger Kirk said...

Melissa: I hope you mean eliminating Social Security. The idea of keeping programs like Social Security and Medicare just really makes my blood boil. I can't blame President Bush though. He tried his hardest to destroy these relics of communism.

One look at my picture sets any lesbian straight. I've saved countless women's souls. Rejoice! There is now a place in Heaven's kitchen for you!

 
At 7/09/2007 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirk, do we really need to have female commenters around here? I've always believed that First Corinthians chapter 14, verses 34 and 35 would also apply to Christian blogs:

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

And if they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.


Paul (on whose name be peace!) continues this thought in First Timothy chapter 2, verses 11 through 15:

Let a woman learn in silence, with all subjection.

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing ...


It seems pretty clear to me that Priscilla, Melissa, and the other female readers of your blog should shut up and get back in the kitchen where they belong. What do you think?

 
At 7/09/2007 10:55 PM, Blogger Kirk said...

Mel: You bring up something that I should have addressed when these women first came to this blog, so I say unto them: Be silent as you type for you are in the Lord's church! Also, move your intertypers to the kitchen so you can better attend to your cooking. Do it now I command thee!

 
At 7/10/2007 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melinda-
Let your women keep silence in the churches
Your women? I'm not one of your women.

And if they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home
You'll never be my "husband," Melinda. I can type away from the kitchen until I marry in any state except Massachusettes or Hawaii.

Only a woman would change the subject and comment off topic, and only a muslim woman would cover her face with a veil.

Kirk- Melinda must be the Muslim spy who infiltrated the comments of your old blog, then took it over. They're out to get you, Kirk.

 
At 7/10/2007 2:15 PM, Blogger Lawyerchic said...

Mel-you are right, I will be quiet now. One more thing though before I go...


Bite me!! LOL!

 
At 7/10/2007 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Mel needs to shut it.

Priscilla and Melissa should be welcome in this forum because they are both hot!

I'm pretty sure it's against the law to comment on a blog using someone else's picture so as can be plainly seen, they are oozing hotness out of their wazoos.

By the way, I am using "hot" in a pure, holy way, not in a dirty way.

And I am using "wazoo" to mean pooper.

 
At 7/10/2007 7:13 PM, Blogger Lawyerchic said...

barnabyjones-uh,gross?

 
At 7/10/2007 8:56 PM, Blogger Kirk said...

Melissa: Your statement is completely incoherent, but I expect nothing more from a woman. However, I was impressed that there were actual words in that manifesto of sorts. You are probably the most intelligent women I have ever met.

Priscilla: You are doing the right thing. Always follow the commands of man, for they are the commands of the Lord.

BarnabyJones: There will be no fornication in this house of God.

Priscilla: If you think it's gross then why are you flirting with BarnabyJones?

 
At 7/10/2007 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey freak boy didn't you play the kid playing the banjo in the movie "Deliverance"?

 
At 7/10/2007 11:09 PM, Blogger Kirk said...

Anonymous #1: You seem to be on the wrong blog. If you're into squealing and fantasy play then I would suggest that Atrios guy. I hear he loves that stuff. He better, because it's going to send him to Hell.

Anonymous #2: Hmm... funny thing... intelligent people (there apparently aren't many) are laughing at you. However, I give you credit for posting anonymously then I take back that credit since you are a coward that posts anonymously.

To answer your question though: God is a Republican. He'll look the other way at the things we do. You on the other hand... remember that lie you told your parents in 2nd grade? No? GOD DOES!

 
At 7/11/2007 7:33 PM, Blogger Kirk said...

Melissa: I abhor profanity and it is quite obvious that Anonymous #2 couldn't be my, or any of my family's (except the wife), progeny no matter how much it wants it to be so.

What really bothers me is that I go to great lengths to make this site a place of refuge for people of all walks of life and then some idiot commufacist comes in and starts name calling. I guess some people hate civil discussion.

 
At 7/14/2007 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of Osama bin Laden... (cross-posted at Moxie Grrrl)

Do you think it's just a coincidence that the Cheney regime began the planning in summer 2001 for an invasion of Afghanistan before the winter snows?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/1550366.stm
Or that the plans ready and on Bush's desk TWO DAYS BEFORE 9/11??

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4587368/
Or that Bush gave the OK to the Afghan invasion warplans a DAY BEFORE 9/11??

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4585010/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/08/11/attack/main518289.shtml

Bear in mind, the invasion of Afghanistan to overthrow the Taliban would have been politically impossible without something like 9/11 to use as an "excuse", the USAToday even admits as much.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2004-03-23-war-analysis_x.htm

So either the Cheney regime are the most clairvoyant people on earth, or 9/11 was an inside job to be used as an "excuse" to invade Afghanistan to make it safe for their pipeline project.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1011272.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/1984459.stm

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0513/p05s01-wosc.html

Which is harder to believe? That the Cheneyites are psychic, clairvoyant paranormals who can see the immediate future with uncanny precision? And that 9/11 came along literally as the answer to their prayers, giving them a perfect "excuse" to settle the Afghan pipeline matter and later use as a big part of the "case" for the illegal invasion of Iraq? Or that the whole thing is a fucking fake, a false flag operation designed to BE the answer to their prayers, designed to BE their "excuse" for their resource wars? Think about it.

 
At 7/15/2007 9:18 PM, Blogger Kirk said...

Soros: I clicked and clicked on your links and none of them worked. You wasted time I could have spent disciplining my kids. Now they will grow up to be criminals. I'm sure this was all part of your plan to bring down America, but I've got an ace up my sleeve. Boot camp!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home