Saturday, October 06, 2007

SCHIP and the media lies.

I'm phasing out this blog since my new job has me involved in a more direct role in government policy, but I just felt I had to comment on President Bush's veto of SCHIP.

Some would say my use of the phrase "media lies" is a bit harsh since technically the media hasn't lied about this issue. Rather, the media just hasn't told the full truth. To me, this is the same as a lie.

The media is correct in reporting that H.R. 976 (Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2007) would have insured half of the currently uninsured children in the United States. While that is surely a noble endeavor, the media has failed to disclose that SCHIP would not kill one single terrorist. Not one.

That is a 100% loss on investment. So, you tell me: Do you want a president that enacts legislation that flushes 100% of your tax dollars down the toilet? Or do you want a president that acts heroically in the face of a media onslaught and veto's this type of junk legislation?

Update:
Dear liberals, I see you out there. Too spineless to comment? I think we both know the answer to that.

10 Comments:

At 10/12/2007 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/12/2007 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/12/2007 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/12/2007 10:26 PM, Blogger Kirk said...

Well, maybe if you didn't anger God you wouldn't have cancer! How dare you call me heartless! You're only 12 years old. What exactly have you accomplished in your pathetic little life?

 
At 11/07/2007 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such mean, ugly words. I can only imagine what that sick little cry baby said and it's just gruesome. What a creep!

I pray that your blog will continue, Kirk. So that you can help these juvenile delinquents. I remember your work helping this little liberal here- http://iofstorm.blogspot.com/2006/03/i-probably-shouldnt-do-this-but.html

I was truly moved by your words of wisdom, my friend. The nation needs you to fight off these liberal demons. We're lost without you.

 
At 11/07/2007 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's more evidence that your brilliant writing saves others- http://pintadoguy.blogspot.com/2006/05/country-of-righteous.html

You're the best!

 
At 11/09/2007 5:22 PM, Blogger Kirk said...

The day the terrorists overran my old blog was the day I felt like a castrated bull thrown in a ring full of Mexicans. Truly, this was the worst day of my life. Even my son dying was less painful. At least he deserved it for his slothfulness and ingratitude towards me. But what did I do to deserve losing that beacon of hope called Country of the Righteous?

God tests us all and this was the hardest test ever given to me. But, I persevered and started this blog. Yet it is not the same. There is an emptiness inside of me that I can't seem to fill.

Pray for me anonymous. Pray.

 
At 11/13/2007 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did nothing. You passed His test with flying patriotic colors. I've prayed for you often. My sweet Lord told me that I must pay for the sins of my father. He told me the answer to my prayers is, "No!" He also said that your blog has been relaesed by it's captives. I hope an angel will deliver your blog in all it's glory.

 
At 11/16/2007 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something about Kirk reminds me of Ted Haggard. Must be the pointy ears.

 
At 3/16/2008 12:33 PM, Blogger Betty Jo Goering said...

Hey Kirk what's up yawl. whose this little brat with cancer buggin you and takin up your preshus time? Man there are some crazies up here on these internets tubes ain't they? Just lettin you know I'm around agin. I gotta git bloggin. I'm board.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home